Like my style? Pass me on!
I absolutely love my job and I’m lucky enough to work with utterly amazing authors every day but sometimes running a business can be scary! Even when I’m at my busiest and booked up months ahead, I’m still thinking about how to grow my business and wondering what I’ll do if things suddenly go quiet.
That’s why word of mouth is so, so valuable to me. Lots of the authors I work with came to me because another author or editor recommended me and I’m enormously grateful to those referrers because they help me keep doing the job I adore.
So if you know somebody who might like to work with me, please do pass along my details and help us create some manuscript magic together.
💫 Share your referral code and receive a gift!
If we’ve worked with me before you should have a referral code that you can share with people when you recommend me (if not, send me an email and I’ll fix that!). You can use this however you like: via social media, a blog post or just telling a friend directly. But be sure to ask the person to use your name when they book as not all discount codes are unique.
When you refer them, I’ll give them a 15% discount on their first booking or on any Writer and the Wolf courses. They just have to type your referral code into the box when they book, along with your name so I know who referred them!
Once they’ve paid in full, I’ll send you little gift to say thank you ❤️ I’ll look over my notes and choose two recently published books that I think you’ll like (depending on the usual genre and age group you write for) and pop them in the post. Oh, and I’ll love you forever. You can use your code as many times as you like and you’ll keep receiving a gift each time!
💫 Who should you refer me to?
- Audience age: I work with authors who write middle grade or YA novels. Middle grade is generally aimed at children aged around 8 to 12 while YA is written for teens aged 13 to 18.
- Genre: I mostly edit fantasy, horror, science fiction and mystery although I do sometimes work with other genres if I think I can add value so it’s always worth a chat! I don’t work on non-fiction, sorry.
- Type of editing: I’m a developmental editor so I only give feedback on the story (characterisation, plot, pacing, structure, etc.) and not things like spelling, grammar and word choice. A copyeditor or line editor would be the best choice for those issues!
- Writing stage: I work with authors throughout their writing and revision journey, from first ideas and outline reviews all the way through to full manuscript edits and query packages.
- Experience: I work with brand new writers and seasoned pros!
- Publishing goal: I work with authors seeking traditional publishing or planning to self-publish.
- Courses: I also run courses for authors and the referral discount can be used on those, too!
- Publishers: Although I usually work directly with authors, I sometimes edit manuscripts for publishers and packagers so I’m always happy to connect with them!
Thank you so much for spreading the word and helping my business grow! I really appreciate it and think you are the absolute best person ever.
When you fill in this form, I'll send the person an email to introduce myself and let them know you referred them. You'll also receive a thank you from me if you include your email address!